Laser hardening of a shaft with parallel spirals.
Laser hardening is a surface hardening process that generates maximum hardness values at the component surface with a very low energy consumption.
The heat input is by laser beam for a short time and locally limited. The quenching takes place via the heat dissipation in the component, no separate quenching medium is required.
Advantages of laser hardening:
- high surface hardness with tough core material
- low distortion process
- constant surface temperature
- Quality control during the process with time parallel documentation
- energy efficient and environmentally friendly
- no quenching media required
- also suitable for small series and individual pieces